A Weekly Vegan Shop for Complete Nutrition
So, you're going plant-based. But how do you replace your much loved items without compromising on flavour or nutritional value? We have created a simple yet concise list of what foods you should be stocking your kitchen with.
The great thing about vegan food is that you can experiment and combine so many different ingredients, to make a range of diverse dishes. We've linked some of the products to our store - so you can stock your cupboards without any hassle, we'll deliver them straight to your door.
- Legumes: Lentils, chickpeas, kidney beans, black beans, edamame
- Honey Replacement: agave nectar or maple syrup
- Cheese Replacement: nutritional yeast
- Seeds: Linseeds, chia seeds, flaxseeds, sunflower seeds
- Pasta (not from fresh or egg free)
- Nuts: cashew, brazil, pecans, walnuts, peanuts (your preference)
- Coconut milk (you can use this for curry's or baking)
- Tofu, firm, Seitan or Tempeh (protein of your choice)
- Wholegrain rice
- Snack bars
- Vegetable stock
- Dairy-free Milk: Oat, Coconut, Hazelnut, Almond, Soy, Hemp or Rice
Dairy-free Margarine: Flora, Vitalite, Pure
- Berries: Blueberries, raspberries, blackberries (your preference)
- Sweet potatoes
- Morning Breakfast Oatmeal: Cook the oats in dairy-free milk. Once cooked, add some agave nectar for sweetness, sprinkle with flaxseeds, coined banana's and blueberries.
- Afternoon Snack: Nut and Raisin Trail Mix