Avocado and kale are great sources of calcium, Vitamin C, B6 and Omega 3. This savoury vegan breakfast is packed full of healthy and nutritious greens that will keep you feeling full until lunchtime.
1 vegan sausage/ veggie patty
1 cup kale
1 English muffin
1/4 avocado, sliced
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
Salt and pepper
For the sauce:
1 tbsp vegan mayo
A pinch of chipotle powder/ smoky paprika
1 tsp jalapeno, chopped (optional)
1. Toast the English muffin.
2. Cook the sausage patty in a frying pan for around 1-2 minutes on each side.
3. Wilt the kale in the frying pan, and lightly toast the pumpkin seeds. When the patty is brown and the kale is soft, turn the heat off.
4. Mix together the mayonnaise and spices to create the sauce.
5. To assemble, spread the sauce on both halves of the muffin. Add sliced avocado, patty and then top with kale and pepitas.
6. Serve warm.
vegan, nut free, soy free