CAPRESE CHOCOLATE CAKE
This is our plant based version of a traditional Italian Caprese cake, with the twist of hazelnut instead of almond. If you love moist, brownie-style chocolate cake but also the crunchiness of hazelnut, then this recipe is for you!
The recipe yields for a 20cm round cake tin.
80g plain flour
100g ground hazelnuts/almonds
2 teaspoons baking powder
40g cocoa powder
75g sunflower oil
100g soy milk or other non dairy milk
125g soy yoghurt
80g muscovado sugar
Icing sugar to dust
- Grease and flour the cake tin, set aside.
- In a bowl, add the wet ingredients: muscovado sugar, soy milk, soy yoghurt and sunflower oil. Whisk well with a hand or electric whisk.
- Mix the dry ingredients together, then sift them into the bowl with the wet ingredients.
- Fold them in with a spatula, until everything is incorporated
- Pour the mixture in the cake tin and bake at 180°C for 30 minutes
- Do the wooden stick test, if it comes out clean, your cake is ready.
- Let it cool down completely, then dust with icing sugar using a sieve.
- Enjoy on its own or with some vanilla ice-cream!
Recipe and photo by Ariana Zampieri.
You can find the video recipe on: