Chickpea and Onion Omelette
A quick, simple and nutritious breakfast recipe which only takes 5 minutes to make. Omelettes are great because you can fill them with whatever you want - spinach, courgettes, peppers or any vegetable you have in your fridge!
Serves 1 to 2.
3 large tablespoons of chickpea flour
8 tbsp water
1 small onion, sliced
A big bunch of fresh herbs (dill, basil, spring onions)
A handful of spinach
2 tbsp oil
Salt and pepper
1. Mix together the chickpea flour and salt and pepper. Add the water and whisk until you have a creamy omelette batter.
2. Sauté the sliced onions until soft and lightly brown. Add to the omelette batter and mix the onions, herbs and spinach together.
3. Heat up some oil in a frying pan and form a round omelette.
4. Cook for a few minutes until golden brown. Flip over and wait until golden brown again.
5. Remove from the heat and let it cool down a bit.
I like to slice the omelette and serve it on toast. But also I could easily eat the omelette on its own!
vegan, gluten free, nut free, soy free