CHICKPEA & SWEET POTATO STEW
Whenever you need something hearty and satisfying, curries and stews are perfect. You can batch cook them so easily, have dinner sorted for more than one night - and they actually taste better the day after! This recipe is super easy and full of flavour.
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 small onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon ginger, minced
1 tbsp sweet paprika
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp dried coriander
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
400g sweet potato, peeled and diced
1 tin chopped tomatoes
700ml vegetable stock
140g fresh spinach
1. In a large pot, heat the coconut oil over a medium heat. Once it begins to simmer, add the onion and coo until its semi translucent (about 4-5 mins).
2. Add the garlic and ginger, and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Then add the paprika, cumin, coriander and cayenne pepper and cook for 2 minutes - until fragrant.
3. Add the chickpeas, sweet potato, tinned tomatoes and veg stock, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat a little, and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the sweet potatoes are soft.
4. Add the spinach, and stir until its wilted.
5. Serve immediately with cous cous or rice, and I like to add a dollop of coconut yogurt!
NB - You can add chilli flakes to the recipe if you like a little more heat.
You can keep the stew in the fridge for 3-5 days, or otherwise it freezes well for up to 3 months, just defrost and reheat thoroughly.
vegan, nut free, gluten free (if you don't serve with cous cous)
Original recipe credit to https://tasty.co