Easy Pantry-Friendly Hummus
2 tins of drained chickpeas (450g)
1/3 cup chickpeas water (saved from the can)
1/3 cup tahini
1/4 cup olive oil
4 cloves garlic
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp smoked paprika (optional)
juice of 1 lemon
1) Pour the lemon juice and the chickpea water in a pot and bring to a boil.
2) In the meantime put the chickpeas, garlic, tahini, salt, cumin in a blender.
3) Add the hot liquid and blend until smooth.
4) Add the olive oil and blend until combined.
5) Your hummus is ready! Serve with some fresh parsley and olive oil.
6) Store in the fridge for a week or in the freezer up to 1 month (it will keep the same texture and taste).
Watch the video recipe here