Nutrient-Rich Millet Date Balls
These energy millet date balls are so incredibly delicious and nutrient-rich at the same time. They have an irresistible creamy, crunchy texture and they are the perfect healthy sweet treat to end a meal or as a quick snack. There are so many variations to making these, using all the coatings of our choice. Millet is considered one of the world's healthiest foods and is packed full of nutrients. Among its health benefits it helps promoting good digestion, preventing asthma and is also an amazing gluten-free alternative!
1 tbsp peanut butter
2 tbsp rice malt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp plant-based milk
1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
230g cooked and chilled millet or quinoa
shredded coconut and toasted sesame seeds to coat
1) Add all the ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth.
2) Remove the mixture and place in a bowl. If the mixture is a bit warm and soft, due to the food processor, place it in the fridge for about 1 hour to cool down.
3) Place the coatings of your choice in two small plates.
4) Take the mixture out of the fridge, remove about one tablespoon at the time, roll it in the palm of your hand to create a bite-sized ball. Roll it in the coating and place in a tray.
5) Store the date balls in the fridge for a week, the mixture is also delicious used as a spread on rice cakes or bread!