Full English Breakfast
A full English Breakfast is a staple in my household on a Sunday morning. This vegan take has all the flavours that we know and love from a traditional fry-up. The only real difference is using scrambled tofu as an alternative to scrambled eggs, but by adding seasoning and spices you can barely taste the difference!
A packet of hash browns
A packet of vegan sausages
1 can of baked beans
For the tomatoes and mushrooms:
14 cherry tomatoes
2 tsp maple syrup
1 tsp soy sauce
1/4 tsp smoked paprika
1 large Portobello mushroom, sliced
For the scrambled tofu:
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 garlic clove, crushed
1. Heat oven to 180C. Cook the hash browns and sausages according to the packet.
2. Roast the cherry tomatoes. Coat them with sunflower oil, salt and pepper and bake for 30 minutes or until the skins have blistered and started to char.
3. Cook the beans following the pack so they're ready to serve at the same time as the tofu.
4. Slice the mushroom and mix together the maple syrup, soy sauce and smoke paprika in the bowl. Coat the mushrooms. In a frying pan, heat some oil and fry the mushrooms until golden, not charred. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
5. In the same frying pan, put a little more oil in. Crumble the tofu and sprinkle over the nutritional yeast, turmeric and garlic. Fry for 3-4 minutes, making sure tofu is coated in the seasoning and hot through.
6. Serve immediately. I also toast slices of bread to go on the side.
vegan, nut free