GLUTEN FREE BANANA OAT PANCAKES
These Vegan Banana Oat pancakes are super tasty, healthier than regular pancakes and can be made in one bowl.
You can make them at the start of the week and freeze them so breakfast is sorted ahead of time, then top them with whatever you fancy after toasting them!
(Makes 12 pancakes)
1 medium ripe banana (around 118g)
1.5 tbsp olive, avocado or melted coconut oil (plus a little more for frying)
1.5 tbsp maple syrup
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
240-300ml non dairy milk (add more if consistency is too thick)
70g gluten-free oat flour
120g gluten free flour blend
30g almond flour
45g vegan dark chocolate chips (optional - you could also use frozen blueberries or raspberries!)
1) Mash the banana in a mixing bowl and add the oil, maple syrup, baking powder and salt and whisk to combine. Then add the non-dairy milk, (start with 240ml and work your way up later as needed) and whisk to combine.
2) Add the oat, gluten free and almond flour. Gently stir to combine, the consistency should be thick but pourable - add more milk if it is too thick. If you're adding chocolate or fruit, gently fold them in now!
3) Heat a large non-stick pan over a medium heat, after having rubbed it with a little oil. You will probably need to turn the heat to low once the pan is hot to avoid burning the pancakes!
4) Pour the batter onto the pan using a ladle and cook until the surface of the pancake has some bubbles (about 2-3 minutes) and flip. Cook for another 2-3 minutes on the other side but keep an eye on them incase they cook faster!
5) Serve however you like; with lemon and sugar, maple syrup, fruit and dairy free yogurt or my favourite - peanut butter and jam.
You can freeze leftover pancakes in the fridge for 3-4 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month. Reheat in the toaster, microwave or oven until hot.
vegan, soy free
*Recipe adapted from Minimalist Baker https://minimalistbaker.com/1-bowl-vegan-banana-oat-pancakes/