Vitamin D Green Breakfast Smoothie
Vitamin D is slightly more challenging to get from natural sources on a vegan diet. Luckily, many plant based milks and yogurts are fortified with vitamin D, so morning smoothies are a perfect time to get your vitamin D fix.
Here's our delicious and refreshing green breakfast smoothie, packed with the good stuff.
- ½ cup (115 g) vegan vanilla yogurt (we recommend alpro, but any brand that is fortified is perfect)
- 2 cups (310 g) pineapple, peeled with core
- 1 stalk (40 g) celery
- 2 cups (60 g) spinach
- 2 cups (260 g) ice cubes
- Cut your veggies and fruits and prepare your ice and yogurt.
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth - approximately 1 minute or until desired consistency is reached.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then increase to its highest speed.
- Serve into a glass or reusable cup and enjoy! We recommend using a stainless steel or bamboo straw if your smoothie is slightly thicker.
Vitamin D: 0.75 µg
Check out our recipe page for more delicious and nutritious meal ideas.