Recipe: Mr Organic Vegan Buttermilk Doughnuts
This recipe is brought to you by the team at Mr Organic, a food company made with love! The team at Mr Organic support a more positive and organic way of living that is respectful of the planet, the people and all beings.
This Vegan Buttermilk Doughnuts recipe results in yummy, rich and sticky doughnuts, covered in melted butter and a chocolate topping - 100% vegan and organic. The perfect treat. This is a 30 minute recipe.
For 12 Doughnuts, You Will Need:
- 125ml Soya Milk
- 1 Tbsp of Mr Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 150g Buckwheat Flour
- 100g Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Powder or 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 Tbsp Vegan Butter, Melted
- 1 Ripe Banana, Smashed
For the Topping:
- 2 Tbsp Soya Milk
- 2 Tbsp Melted Vegan Butter
- 250g Icing Sugar
- Mr Organic Dairy-Free Chocolate Spread, Melted
- Flaked Almonds
- In a large jug, combine the soya milk with the apple cider vinegar, stir and set aside to create the vegan buttermilk.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl: buckwheat flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, vanilla powder.
- Add the smashed banana and melted vegan butter to the vegan buttermilk and thoroughly combine.
- Gently pour the wet ingredients into the dry ones and stir to combine.
- Add your dough to a greased doughnut tray and bake at 180C for 10 minutes. Let them cool down entirely before adding the glaze.
- Combine the ingredients for the glaze: soya milk, butter and icing sugar and cover your doughnuts in the glaze. Let it sit for 15-20 minute, then add sprinkles of melted Mr Organic chocolate spread. Top with flaked almonds and set them aside to dry for an hour before serving.