Deliciously Sticky and Smoky Vegan Roasted Chickpeas
- 1 x 400g tin of chickpeas
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 small leaves of fresh basil (or 1tsp dried)
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat your oven to 180c (fan)
- Drain the chickpeas, rinse them in cold water and dispose of the brine.
- Put the chickpeas into a large bowl and stir in all of the seasonings. Ensure all chickpeas are evenly covered.
- Pour the seasoned chickpeas onto a flat oven tray and spread out.
- Pop them into the oven for 18-20 minutes. The longer you leave them in, the crispier they'll become!
vegan, gluten free, nut free, soy free
Serving suggestion: As a snack, a crunchy addition to a salad, or in a flatbread with hummus and olives. Click here to try our delicious homemade hummus recipe!