Roasted Vegetable Pizza
Who doesn't love a pizza night? Quick, easy and delicious. By sautéing or roasting the vegetables before topping the pizza base, it adds even more flavour to your final creation!
These are the ingredients we use to make our pizzas, but feel free to use your favourite toppings instead!
1 packet of ready-made pizza bases (able to get gluten-free ones)
64g mixed peppers, sliced
45g red onion, sliced
125g mushrooms, sliced
1/2 tsp basil, oregano and garlic power (dried or fresh)
Salt and pepper
Vegan parmesan cheese
To make the sauce:
1 can of tomato sauce
Dried basil and oregano
Salt and pepper
You can also add tomato paste, adding a thin layer to the pizza base or mix with water to the until your desired consistency.
1. Preheat your oven to 220C
2. Sauté the onion and peppers, until soft and slightly charred. Add the mushrooms for the final few minutes.
3. Prepare the sauce by combining the tomato sauce and seasonings in a mixing bowl.
4. Place your pizza base on a lined baking tray (use baking parchment as you'll cook the pizza on the parchment paper to make the crust crispy)
5. Top with your desired amount of tomato sauce, toppings and cheese.
6. Gently slide the pizza with the baking parchment underneath directly onto the oven rack.
7. Cook for 17-20 minutes or until crisp and golden brown.
8. Serve with more parmesan cheese! I sometimes add some rocket or fresh herbs to make it even more tasty.
Leftover pizza is one of the best things....even when it's cold so there's no need to reheat!
vegan, nut free, soy free, gluten free (if use a gluten free pizza base)