Tofu and Vegetable Ramen
It is super simple to make ramen noodles using plant-based ingredients. By making a vegan broth infused with ginger, onion and shiitake mushrooms, you can re-create this tasty dish at home!
An easy, nutritious and delicious vegan dinner - perfect to make ahead of time and enjoy throughout the week.
200g tofu, diced
100g ramen or rice noodles
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 1/2 tbsp white miso paste
1tbsp neri goma or tahini
1L vegan stock
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp cornflour
1 tbsp oil
15g dried shiitake mushrooms
1 pak choi, quartered
2 spring onions, finely sliced
25g bean sprouts
1 carrot, sliced into fine matchsticks
1. In a saucepan, place the garlic, ginger, miso, neri goma, mushrooms, stock and soy and bring to a gentle simmer. Cover and bubble for 5 minutes until the ginger is soft. Strain into a clean pan and discard everything left in the strainer.
2. Before frying the tofu in oil, coat in cornflour. Fry for a few minutes on each side.
3. Cook the noodles for 1 minute less than the packet instructions. Strain and leave a little cooking water so the noodles don't stick together.
4. Add the pak choi and the whites of the spring onions to the broth, and re-heat for 1-2 minutes until the greens have wilted.
5. To serve, divide the noodles between 2 and pour over the broth and vegetables. Top with the tofu, beansprouts, carrot and ginger matchsticks, green parts of the spring onions.
NB. I drizzle some sesame oil and top it with chopped coriander and a few slices of chilli to add even more flavour.