Tofu Pad Thai
A stir-fry is perfect for an easy, quick and simple dinner. We find noodles work with almost anything - add all of your favourite vegetables or tofu for extra protein. Either way, stir-fries make for healthy and nutritious meals.
200g stir fry rice noodles
2-3 tbsp vegetable oil
450g tofu, cut into cubes
For the sauce:
4 tbsp soy sauce (or tamari for gluten free)
2 tbsp rice vinegar
4 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 tsp Sriracha hot sauce
For the vegetables:
3 carrots, finely sliced
3 onions, diced
130g bean sprouts
2 limes, cut into wedges
A handful of coriander
A handful of chopped peanuts (optional)
1. Prepare all your ingredients before you start cooking. Chop the tofu, carrots, onions, coriander and peanuts.
2. Boil a pan of water and add the noddles for 1 minute. Remove from heat, and let them soak for 5 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
3. To make sure the sauce, stir all the ingredients into a small bowl.
4. In a frying pan, heat oil and fry the tofu until the sides are golden brown.
5. Combine the noodles, sauce, carrots, onions and half of the coriander. Stir as it warms up.
6. Serve immediately and top with peanuts, coriander, lime wedges and bean sprouts on the side.
NB. You can make this without tofu. Replace the tofu with more vegetables cut as sliced red pepper, broccoli. Stir fry the vegetables before adding them to the noodles.
Vegan, gluten free (if use Tamari sauce instead)