Simple and Delicious Banana Bread
The smell of this vegan banana bread is the most comforting and satisfying of them all, made with simple healthy ingredients and as perfect for your breakfast as for your afternoon tea. Enjoy it plain or with a generous spread of almond butter and some fresh berries.
100g brown sugar
70g nuts of your choice
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 ripe bananas
175ml coconut milk
100ml sunflower oil
2 flaxseed eggs
1) Prepare the flaxseed eggs: In a small bowl mix 2 tbsp of flaxseed powder and 6 tbsp of water and let sit for 10 minutes.
2) In a large bowl whisk the flaxseed eggs and the sugar for about 5 minutes, using a hand or electric whisk.
3) Add in the coconut milk, the sunflower oil, and the 3 mashed bananas while whisking.
4) Sift in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
5) Add the nuts and stir until combined. The original recipe calls for walnuts, but I used a mix of almonds, cranberries, linseeds, sunflower, and pumpkin seeds.
6) Pour the mixture into a pre-greased and floured loaf tin, and sprinkle some extra nuts on top.
7) Bake at 180°C for about 50 minutes.
8) Cool completely before serving and enjoy!