VEGAN BREAKFAST TACOS
Tacos are one of the easiest meals to veganise. Most tortillas are already dairy free, and you can put literally anything you like in them! I really enjoy getting creative with fillings, and they don't take loads of effort to make. You could have these tacos for breakfast, lunch or dinner, and they're super satisfying at any time of day.
225g tofu (1/2 an XL block by Tofoo)
185g cooked black beans
1/4 medium onion
30g fresh coriander (leave out if you're a coriander hater!)
1 ripe avocado
Salsa for serving (shop bought or make your own!)
1 medium lime
50g pomegranate seeds
6 soft corn tortillas (GF)
3/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp cumin
Pinch of salt
3 tsp salsa
3 tsp water
1. If you haven't bought already pressed tofu, wrap it in a clean absorbent towel and place something heavy on top while you prepare the other ingredients.
2. Cook the black beans over a medium heat until they're bubbly, then reduce heat and set aside. Add a pinch of salt, cumin, chilli and garlic powder if they are plain and unseasoned.
3. Add all the spices for the tofu and salsa to a small bowl and add enough water to make a sauce, then set aside.
4. Heat a large pan over medium heat and crumble the tofu - either with a fork, or I find using my fingers is easiest!
5. Once its hot, add 1-2 tbsp oil and the tofu to the pan. Stir fry for 4-5 minutes to brown, then add the seasoning sauce and toss to coat. Continue cooking until browned for another 5-10 minutes, stirring frequently.
7. Chop up the onion and set aside, and do the same with the avocado. If you'd prefer guacamole instead of chunks, mash the avocado with salt, pepper, chilli fakes, lime juice and some finely chopped onion and tomato.
6. Warm the tortillas in an other clean pan for a few seconds each side, or using either a microwave or the oven.
7. Top the tortillas with the scrambled tofu, black beans, chopped onion, avocado, salsa, coriander, pomegranate seeds and a squeeze of lime juice!
You can add more or change any of the toppings in this recipe, perhaps adding roasted veggies, chickpeas or vegan cheese, and I personally love adding mushrooms! If you're not gluten free you can use regular small sort tortillas.
vegan, nut free, gluten free
Original recipe by https://minimalistbaker.com